- Japan grants aid of 200 million Yen to Maldives
- Germany grants 3 million Euro project to support for climate neutrality strategy of the Maldives
- President Yameen and First Lady accept invitation for an official visit to Japan
- Postage Stamp Museum inaugurated
- We will seek out drug dealers from which ever country they hide- Home Minister
- Govt wants to reduce taxi fares- Minister
- MDP halted issuing of reports exposing corruption- Riyaz
- Vice President calls for greater private sector engagement for effective health care delivery
- An individual suspected of being involved in large scale drug trafficking arrested
- President highlights bilateral cooperation between Maldives and Japan
- Shifag underscores importance of strengthening JP to achieve international success
- We will make our services agreeable for the people – Islamic Minister
- Kidney diseases and cancer treatments to be provided from the islands- Dr. Shakeela
Potential challenges faced in the developmental process of Maldives needs to be researched- President
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has said that the potential challenges that may be faced in the developmental process of the country need to be researched today.
The President said this meeting the local media at the official jetty prior to his departure on an official trip to Rio de Janeiro, to attend the UN Conference on Sustainable Development, Rio + 20. During this trip, the President will be accompanied by First Lady Madam Ilham Hussain.
The President expressed his hopes that the Rio + 20 summit would facilitate international aid, in further expanding the primary services in the Maldives.