- Police begins eradicating graffiti from the walls of Male’ City
- Individual found dead in Bilehdhoo
- Special Operation held in M. Atoll Kolhufushi
- Police Museum opens to much fanfare
- President Waheed congratulates Iranian President
- Lack of landing space in Airport causes great losses- Gasim
- President attends Night Market
- Maldives anti-corruption body finds no misdeed in GMR deal: Reports
- Nazim’s case against Thasmeen is a machinated plot- Topi
- President assures to help continuously to get materials necessary to manage IGMH
- It is not clear why ACC suddenly changed their views- Abdullah Mohamed
- Marine equipment’s PVT LTD donated a night vision camera system to MNDF
- CDF Arts & Culture Exhibition launched and Addana magazine published
Police are involved in drug trafficking in Maldives- Mariya
Opposition Malidivian Democratic Party (MDP)’s only contestant for the party’s presidency, Machangolhi Uthuru MP Mariya Ahmed Didi has accused the police of being involved in drug trafficking in the Maldives.
In a rally of MDP held at Addu City last night, Mariya said that the police are involved in drug trafficking and they are main hub of the illegal drug trade in the country.
Mariya alleged that Police have corrupted a lot of youth who have been rehabilitated by the hard work of the former President Mohamed Nasheed during his rule. She said that it is not surprising that the Police detest the MDP because it was due to the strict drug policies of Nasheed that the country witnessed a drop in the drug trafficking rate.
“The Police are involved in this drug trade. People who buy them tell us very clearly that the Police are behind this trade,” she said.
Meanwhile, in view of the accusation of MDP MP, Police Media Official condemned the accusation of Mariya Ahmed Didi. He said that it is upon the accuser to bring proofs and evidences before accusing the Police of such a grave felony. He said that if she has proof then it is upon her to file the case at the Police integrity Commission.