- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
- Mandela an example of democracy- Gasim
- With Yameen’s visit, ties with Maldives set to shine again
- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
Over RF7.69 million collected in Mosque Fund Telethon
Rf7.9 million have been collected for fund that has been opened to facilitate the renovation and maintenance of mosques in the Maldives organized as a telethon by the local TV channels and other media outlets in corroboration with the Ministry of Islamic Affairs.
Rf270,000 were collected by the Islamic Ministry from the ‘Mosque Fund Week’ organized last week.
Minister of Islamic Affairs, Sheikh Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed told Miadhu Daily that the telethon was held from June 18 up until last night and now donating via sms will not be active but those willing to donate to support the mosques can still donate to the bank account of the Ministry.
Meanwhile, President Dr Mohamed Waheed also donated to the mosque fund.
Ministry of Islamic Affairs in coorporation with the local media such as VTV, DhiTV, TVM, Haveeru Daily, Miadhu Daily, Sun online and Dhiislam have initiated the ‘Mosque Renovation Week’ last week to collect funds to renovate the many deteriorated mosques in the country.