- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
Over RF7.69 million collected in Mosque Fund Telethon
Rf7.9 million have been collected for fund that has been opened to facilitate the renovation and maintenance of mosques in the Maldives organized as a telethon by the local TV channels and other media outlets in corroboration with the Ministry of Islamic Affairs.
Rf270,000 were collected by the Islamic Ministry from the ‘Mosque Fund Week’ organized last week.
Minister of Islamic Affairs, Sheikh Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed told Miadhu Daily that the telethon was held from June 18 up until last night and now donating via sms will not be active but those willing to donate to support the mosques can still donate to the bank account of the Ministry.
Meanwhile, President Dr Mohamed Waheed also donated to the mosque fund.
Ministry of Islamic Affairs in coorporation with the local media such as VTV, DhiTV, TVM, Haveeru Daily, Miadhu Daily, Sun online and Dhiislam have initiated the ‘Mosque Renovation Week’ last week to collect funds to renovate the many deteriorated mosques in the country.