- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
New Turkish Ambassador Presents Credentials to the President
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
New Ambassador of Turkey accredited to the Maldives, Dr Burak Akçapar has presented his letter of credence to President Dr Mohamed Waheed yesterday morning.
At the ceremony held at the President’s Office to present the credentials, the President congratulated Ambassador Akçapar.
Meeting the new Ambassador afterwards, the President and the Ambassador discussed increasing cooperation between the Maldives and Turkey in the areas of trade, fishing, and construction industry. Discussions were also held on the investment opportunities in the Maldives, for Turkish businesses.