- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
New Turkish Ambassador Presents Credentials to the President
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
New Ambassador of Turkey accredited to the Maldives, Dr Burak Akçapar has presented his letter of credence to President Dr Mohamed Waheed yesterday morning.
At the ceremony held at the President’s Office to present the credentials, the President congratulated Ambassador Akçapar.
Meeting the new Ambassador afterwards, the President and the Ambassador discussed increasing cooperation between the Maldives and Turkey in the areas of trade, fishing, and construction industry. Discussions were also held on the investment opportunities in the Maldives, for Turkish businesses.