- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
Nasheed won’t run in the presidential elections- Dr. Hassan Saeed
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed’s Advisor and President of the Dhivehi Qaumee Party (DQP), Dr. Hassan Saeed has said that he does not believe that the former President Mohamed Nasheed will be a free man during the time of the next Presidential Elections.
Dr. Hassan Saeed said that every person who meets the conditions stipulated in the constitution can run in the elections but it is very unlikely that Nasheed will walk free without persecution for his many crimes against the constitution.
“Challenging the constitution, opposing it. He can be live as a free man for a little period of time. However,justice shall be served,” he said.
Dr. Hassan Saeed said that no criminal will be safe from the long arm of law. He said that it is likely that Nasheed will be sentenced in a court of law for violating the constitution during his rule.