- Sri Lanka, India and Maldives take part in trilateral maritime exercise
- Shelters to be built in Hulhule’ ferry service area
- SAARC Secretary General Saleem calls on the President
- It is not permissible for Muslims to enter temples, churches and synagogues- Fiqh Academy
- Wide variety of programs for the youth to be commenced- Maleeh
- Budget problems will be solved when the authorities are made accountable for state expenses- Amir
- Ali Hameed underscores importance of increasing the state reserve
- Japan grants aid of 200 million Yen to Maldives
- Germany grants 3 million Euro project to support for climate neutrality strategy of the Maldives
- President Yameen and First Lady accept invitation for an official visit to Japan
- Postage Stamp Museum inaugurated
- We will seek out drug dealers from which ever country they hide- Home Minister
- Govt wants to reduce taxi fares- Minister
Nasheed won’t run in the presidential elections- Dr. Hassan Saeed
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed’s Advisor and President of the Dhivehi Qaumee Party (DQP), Dr. Hassan Saeed has said that he does not believe that the former President Mohamed Nasheed will be a free man during the time of the next Presidential Elections.
Dr. Hassan Saeed said that every person who meets the conditions stipulated in the constitution can run in the elections but it is very unlikely that Nasheed will walk free without persecution for his many crimes against the constitution.
“Challenging the constitution, opposing it. He can be live as a free man for a little period of time. However,justice shall be served,” he said.
Dr. Hassan Saeed said that no criminal will be safe from the long arm of law. He said that it is likely that Nasheed will be sentenced in a court of law for violating the constitution during his rule.