- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Nasheed won’t run in the presidential elections- Dr. Hassan Saeed
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed’s Advisor and President of the Dhivehi Qaumee Party (DQP), Dr. Hassan Saeed has said that he does not believe that the former President Mohamed Nasheed will be a free man during the time of the next Presidential Elections.
Dr. Hassan Saeed said that every person who meets the conditions stipulated in the constitution can run in the elections but it is very unlikely that Nasheed will walk free without persecution for his many crimes against the constitution.
“Challenging the constitution, opposing it. He can be live as a free man for a little period of time. However,justice shall be served,” he said.
Dr. Hassan Saeed said that no criminal will be safe from the long arm of law. He said that it is likely that Nasheed will be sentenced in a court of law for violating the constitution during his rule.