- Police begins eradicating graffiti from the walls of Male’ City
- Individual found dead in Bilehdhoo
- Special Operation held in M. Atoll Kolhufushi
- Police Museum opens to much fanfare
- President Waheed congratulates Iranian President
- Lack of landing space in Airport causes great losses- Gasim
- President attends Night Market
- Maldives anti-corruption body finds no misdeed in GMR deal: Reports
- Nazim’s case against Thasmeen is a machinated plot- Topi
- President assures to help continuously to get materials necessary to manage IGMH
- It is not clear why ACC suddenly changed their views- Abdullah Mohamed
- Marine equipment’s PVT LTD donated a night vision camera system to MNDF
- CDF Arts & Culture Exhibition launched and Addana magazine published
Nasheed won’t run in the presidential elections- Dr. Hassan Saeed
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed’s Advisor and President of the Dhivehi Qaumee Party (DQP), Dr. Hassan Saeed has said that he does not believe that the former President Mohamed Nasheed will be a free man during the time of the next Presidential Elections.
Dr. Hassan Saeed said that every person who meets the conditions stipulated in the constitution can run in the elections but it is very unlikely that Nasheed will walk free without persecution for his many crimes against the constitution.
“Challenging the constitution, opposing it. He can be live as a free man for a little period of time. However,justice shall be served,” he said.
Dr. Hassan Saeed said that no criminal will be safe from the long arm of law. He said that it is likely that Nasheed will be sentenced in a court of law for violating the constitution during his rule.