- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
Mosque renovation week to begin today
Ministry of Islamic Affairs has announced that the Ministry will begin its ‘Mosque Renovation Week’ because there are many mosques which have deteriorated so much that the people are unable to worship in them.
According to the Ministry of Islamic Affairs the program will be held from today up until 14 February, next Thursday.
Today at 11:30 to 14:00 hours, a donation box will be placed in all of the large mosques of Male’, Hulhumale’ and Villimale’. And the Ministry stated that all of the branches of Bank of Maldives will be accepting donations for the fund raising project up until next Thursday.
Minister of Islamic Affairs, Sheikh Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed said that the budget allocated for the Ministry is not enough for the renovation expenses so the Ministry is in need of assistance from the people.
“Since we are unable to renovate the many mosques that need renovation from the state budget allocated for us, we request the assistance and cooperation of the people. Now that the month of Ramadan is nearby, there will be many difficulties if the mosques are no renovated by then,” he said.
“It does not need to be a large amount of money. Rather even 1Ruffiyya will be counted as a help. If three persons donate 100 ruffiya each that is 300 ruffiya. It is a lot,” he said.
Minister of State for Islamic Affairs, Sheikh Mohamed Didi said that there are islands with only two mosques and both the mosques are so deteriorated that the people are unable to establish their regular prayers in them.
The Ministry of Islamic Affairs said that the sermon of the Friday Prayer of today will be based on this project initiated by the Ministry.