- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
Mosque renovation program to be continued until 23 June
Ministry of Islamic Affairs has announced that the Ministry has decided to extend the ‘Mosque Renovation Program’ until 23 June.
Speaking to the press, Minister of Islamic Affairs Sheikh Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed said that there are many mosques which have deteriorated so much that the people are unable to worship in them.
However, he said that the Minister is unable to renovate the many mosques that need renovation from the state budget allocated for the Minister, so the ‘Mosque Renovation Program’ was initiated to seek the assistance of the people to renovate these mosques before Ramadan.
The Minister said that the Ministry decided to extend the ‘Mosque Renovation Program’ until 23 of this month at the request of many people.
Minister Shaheem said that some of the media has agreed to assist the ministry in the fund raising program. In this regard, he said that some of the local TV channels will broadcast the event live from 18 June to 23 June between 14:30 and 18:00.
The Minister informed Miadhu Daily that nearly MRF 1.5 million was collected in last week’s fundraiser.