- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
MNDF states that action will be taken against those who vilify MNDF
Maldives National Defence Force (MNDF) has said said that action will be taken against those groups who slander and vilify MNDF in the society.
In a statement issued yesterday, MNDF stated that unfounded stories are being spread about MNDF in regards to the events of 7 February. MNDF added that those who are responsible for this lowly action are doing this to achieve a political motive.
MNDF stated that it is very irresponsible of these groups to spread false allegations against the MNDF regarding the events of 7 February when the government has already formed a commission to investigate the events of the day.
MNDF further stated that this attempt by a certain group with a particular political ideology to sow dissent and tumult among the people regarding the armed forces is a matter of grave concern and MNDF is ready to take whatever necessary action to defend the nation.