- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
MNDF states that action will be taken against those who vilify MNDF
Maldives National Defence Force (MNDF) has said said that action will be taken against those groups who slander and vilify MNDF in the society.
In a statement issued yesterday, MNDF stated that unfounded stories are being spread about MNDF in regards to the events of 7 February. MNDF added that those who are responsible for this lowly action are doing this to achieve a political motive.
MNDF stated that it is very irresponsible of these groups to spread false allegations against the MNDF regarding the events of 7 February when the government has already formed a commission to investigate the events of the day.
MNDF further stated that this attempt by a certain group with a particular political ideology to sow dissent and tumult among the people regarding the armed forces is a matter of grave concern and MNDF is ready to take whatever necessary action to defend the nation.