- Pest control operation in Dh. Kudahuvadhoo
- 2 apprehended and 1 being sought in relation to case of assault
- Police delegation returns from training with the FBI
- President Waheed reaffirms commitment to improve the standard of IGMH
- Police help rescue Snorkeler who went missing
- EU Ambassador pays farewell call on President Waheed
- President’s Office directs all govt offices to participate winners of national Quran competitions at official functions
- 23rd Session of the Human Rights Council concludes in Geneva
- JP congress to be held on July 10
- AK underscores the importance of more people joining to get economic freedom
- Home Ministry requests all to refrain from painting public areas in political colours
- Police begins eradicating graffiti from the walls of Male’ City
- Individual found dead in Bilehdhoo
Minister Nazim starts an official visit to Malaysia
Minister of Defence and National Security Hon. Mohamed Nazim has started an official visit to Malaysia.
The visit is aimed at enhancing the defence and military relations between the two countries. During this visit, the Minister met with the Malaysian Defence Minister yesterday. He is also due to meet the Malaysian Chief of Army, Chief of Navy, Director General of Maritime Enforcement Agency (Coast Guard) and the Chief of Fire Department. During these meetings, he would discuss on ways of obtaining assistance from the Government of Malaysia for the development of MNDF and its human resources.
During this visit, the Minister would be touring the Malaysian Armed Forces Staff College and Fire Department. He would return on 9th of this month after concluding the visit.
Vice Chief of Defence Force Brigadier General Ahmed Mohamed, Commandant of Coast Guard Brigadier General Ahmed Shahid and Principle Director of International Defence Corporation Lieutenant Colonel Ibrahim Hilmy is accompanying the Minister during the visit.