- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
Minister Dr. Asim participates in OER Congress
Minister of Education Dr. Asim Ahmed has participated in the World Open Educational Resources (OER) Congress which was held in Paris, France from 20th to 22nd June 2012. The Congress was organized by UNESCO Commonwealth of Learning (COL).
This conference released the 2012 Paris Declaration which calls on governments to support the development and use of OERs.
In addition to the conference, the Minister paid courtesy calls on Janis Karklins, Assistant Director-General, Communication and Information, UNESCO, and Qian Tang, Assistant Director-General for Education, UNESCO. The Minister also met with Professor Asha Kanwar, President and CEO, Commonwealth of Learning.
These meetings laid the foundation to develop further programmes of co-operation between the Ministry, UNESCO and COL.
The honorable Minister also met with other relevant stakeholders and held further discussions that have resulted in fruitful collaboration for the benefit of the country.
The Minister was accompanied by Ms. Aishath Shibana, TRC Co-ordinator.