- EarthCheck certifies Centara Grand Maldives
- Soneva unveil new wellness programs
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives tops TripAdvisor North Malé Atoll rangking within six weeks
- IGMH resumes anaesthetic service
- Person reported missing from Fresmaathodaa has been found alive
- Manhunt launched related to case of assault with a sharp object
- Large drug bust and arrest in Addu City
- President to give President Medals to O Level world top achievers
- Defence Minister departs to Geneva for the “Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction” forum
- Govt is working to maintain the core of this nation- President
- Gasim vows to compensate for the damages of Tsunami on Filladhoo
- DRP was divided by Gayoom, not Umar Naseer- Thasmeen
- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
Minister Dr. Asim participates in OER Congress
Minister of Education Dr. Asim Ahmed has participated in the World Open Educational Resources (OER) Congress which was held in Paris, France from 20th to 22nd June 2012. The Congress was organized by UNESCO Commonwealth of Learning (COL).
This conference released the 2012 Paris Declaration which calls on governments to support the development and use of OERs.
In addition to the conference, the Minister paid courtesy calls on Janis Karklins, Assistant Director-General, Communication and Information, UNESCO, and Qian Tang, Assistant Director-General for Education, UNESCO. The Minister also met with Professor Asha Kanwar, President and CEO, Commonwealth of Learning.
These meetings laid the foundation to develop further programmes of co-operation between the Ministry, UNESCO and COL.
The honorable Minister also met with other relevant stakeholders and held further discussions that have resulted in fruitful collaboration for the benefit of the country.
The Minister was accompanied by Ms. Aishath Shibana, TRC Co-ordinator.