- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Minister calls not to create doubts regarding the armed forces
Minister of Defence and National Security Mohamed Nazim has called not to create doubts regarding the honour of the armed forces.
Minister of Defence Nazim said this at a news conference held at the Coast Guard Building to reveal the achievements of MNDF during the past four months.
Speaking at the conference, Minister Nazim said that the armed forces will protect any government during its rule and the armed forces will remain protecting the nation regardless even if the government changes. He said that there is no country without an armed force.
He said that it is saddening that a group people, namely the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) and its leadership are trying to demean the honour of the armed forces and to create friction between the people and the armed forces. He called MDP and its leaders to immediately stop this irresponsible behavior.
Nazim also noted that not all of the members of MDP are involved in this irresponsible act. He said that there are good people in MDP.