- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
Minister calls not to create doubts regarding the armed forces
Minister of Defence and National Security Mohamed Nazim has called not to create doubts regarding the honour of the armed forces.
Minister of Defence Nazim said this at a news conference held at the Coast Guard Building to reveal the achievements of MNDF during the past four months.
Speaking at the conference, Minister Nazim said that the armed forces will protect any government during its rule and the armed forces will remain protecting the nation regardless even if the government changes. He said that there is no country without an armed force.
He said that it is saddening that a group people, namely the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) and its leadership are trying to demean the honour of the armed forces and to create friction between the people and the armed forces. He called MDP and its leaders to immediately stop this irresponsible behavior.
Nazim also noted that not all of the members of MDP are involved in this irresponsible act. He said that there are good people in MDP.