- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Minister Adeeb departs to Brazil
Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture Honourable Ahmed Adeeb Abdul Ghafoor departed to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to attend the UN Conference on Sustainable Development, Rio+20.
The Rio+20 Conference is held from 20 to 22 June 2012, and unites world leaders, government officials, and representatives of the private sector, NGOs and other groups, to secure renewed political commitment for sustainable development and address new and emerging challenges.
The Conference will focus on two main themes: How to build a green economy to achieve sustainable development and lift people out of poverty, including support for developing countries that will allow them to find a green path for development; and how to improve international coordination for sustainable development.