- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
MDP rejects CNI timeline
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) has rejected the timeline of events that took place from January 16 to February 7 released yesterday by the Commission of National Inquiry (CNI) to find the public opinion.
MDP spokesperson, Henveiru Dhekunu MP Hamid AbdulGhafoor said that MDP will not accept the timeline and that it was published before the investigation of the new composition of the commission.
Hamid said that he believes that such a timeline was published to divert the people from the truth. He added that it is unjust of the commission to issue the timeline before the investigation of the new composition is concluded when the government has accepted the request of the Commonwealth Ministerial Action Group (CMAG) has asked the government to change the composition of the commission.