- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Mariya calls PG and Judges to prosecute President Dr. Waheed
Mariya Ahmed Didi has called on the Prosecutor General Ahmed Muizz and Judges of the courts of law to prosecute President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik on the accusations that he participated in a coup against former President Mohamed Nasheed on February 7.
In a report published yesterday, Machangolhi MP Mariya Ahmed Didi accused President Dr. Waheed of participating in a coup.
Mariya said that these are criminal accusations and it is the responsibility of the Prosecutor General to prosecute them.
She noted that the Prosecutor General is not some one who is biased and listens to the please of only people. She expressed hopes that the PG and the judges will consider her plea and will investigate the matter.
Mariya said that the timeline published by the Commission of National Inquiry itself proves that President Dr. Waheed was involved in a coup. She accused the President of conspiring against the former President Mohamed Nasheed in cooperation with a coalition of then opposition parties.