- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
- Mandela an example of democracy- Gasim
- With Yameen’s visit, ties with Maldives set to shine again
- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
Maldives ‘offers accommodation for all budgets
(opodo): The Maldives offers an extensive range of accommodation to suit travellers on all budgets, according to the local promotional agency.
Mohamed Adam, acting managing director of the Maldives Marketing and Public Relations Corporation, said visitors’ choice is not limited to big, well-known properties.
‘Tourist accommodation in the Maldives is mainly based in … resorts but there are hotels, guesthouses, safari vessels and marinas which can offer an alternative to the main island resorts,’ he said.
Mr Adam also commented on the safety and reliability of the destination in light of recent political disputes, pointing out that the detached and remote nature of its islands means holidaymakers can enjoy a relaxing break without being aware of any wider issues.
The Maldives is famous for its aquatic activities, with many visitors going scuba diving and snorkelling to see sharks, rays, coral reefs and other underwater spectacles.