- Maldives addresses the 102nd Session of the International Labour Conference
- MNDF holds graduation ceremony of the 12th drill instructor course
- Case of accidental vehicular homicide forwarded to PG’s Office
- Case of unlawful confinement and sexual exploitation sent to PG’s Office
- Commissioner of Police meets 2 new lecturers for the ISLES Degree Course
- Minister of State for Economic Development Abdulla Ameen and Deputy Minister of Tourism Mohamed Maleeh Jamal Dismissed
- Only Gasim knew the importance of educated youth to build the nation- Ilham
- Nominations for National Awards for Special Achievement close today
- Mahloof resigns as PPM spokesperson
- No issue raised when GMR case was investigated is found in ACC report- Ahmed Mohamed
- Pest control operation in Dh. Kudahuvadhoo
- 2 apprehended and 1 being sought in relation to case of assault
- Police delegation returns from training with the FBI
Maldives ‘offers accommodation for all budgets
(opodo): The Maldives offers an extensive range of accommodation to suit travellers on all budgets, according to the local promotional agency.
Mohamed Adam, acting managing director of the Maldives Marketing and Public Relations Corporation, said visitors’ choice is not limited to big, well-known properties.
‘Tourist accommodation in the Maldives is mainly based in … resorts but there are hotels, guesthouses, safari vessels and marinas which can offer an alternative to the main island resorts,’ he said.
Mr Adam also commented on the safety and reliability of the destination in light of recent political disputes, pointing out that the detached and remote nature of its islands means holidaymakers can enjoy a relaxing break without being aware of any wider issues.
The Maldives is famous for its aquatic activities, with many visitors going scuba diving and snorkelling to see sharks, rays, coral reefs and other underwater spectacles.