- Message by Minister of Foreign Affairs on the occasion of the International Human Rights
- Quick steps will be taken to provide quality health care- Minister
- Gasim urges to allocate budget to train professional journalists
- Halal certificate issuing to be gazetted next week
- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
Maldives: Guest at International travel fair in Switzerland
The Maldives Marketing & Public Relations Corporation (MMPRC) has decided that Maldives to be the Guest Country of FESPO 2013, to be held in Zurich from 31 January to 3 February 2013.
FESPO is the largest holiday and travel fair in Switzerland. Countries from all over the world, and the entire spectrum of tour operators, will be represented at the Zurich Exhibition Centre during the fair weekend. As many as 70,000 visitors attend the fair every year.
The presence of Maldives as guest country guarantees more interest and focus diverted towards Maldives from the visitors as well as travel trade and media. Maldives brand will be prominently communicated in all advertising and PR channels relating to the fair. “Guest Country 2013 at FESPO” will appear on all exhibitor’s advertising means, print ads, press reports, etc.
Destination Maldives will be showcased at a special 100Sqm pavilion designed and built attractively to display the country’s unique tourism product. Maldives pavilion would be the centre of all destination promotion activity such as press events, information dissemination to potential visitors, meetings platform for the Maldivian local hoteliers/agents and international travel trade, colourful cultural performances and display of culinary delights. Furthermore, Maldives will be featured on the FESPO Magazine in addition to a major press conference focusing on the Maldives will be held during the fair.
Switzerland being one of Europe’s most stable markets, the destination’s presence as Guest Country will provide with a unique opportunity to address Maldives to a well-funded clientele.
Switzerland is amongst the top ten generating markets to the Maldives. There were 16,452 arrivals from Switzerland between January to April 2012. This is an increase of 22.1% compared to the same period in 2011.