- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
- Umar says he didn’t goto appeal committee because it’s under Yameen’s authority
- Nasheed won’t even succeed for the second round of elections- Gasim
- Recent assualts are gang related- CP
- Nasheed Launches MDP Policy on Agriculture
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- Police assist with flood relief in Ga.Villingilli
- 2 men arrested with suspicious narcotics
Leaked documents reveal plots to blow up Islamic Centre to build a cathedral- DhiTV
Local broadcaster, DhiTV has said that documents have been leaked of plots of former President Mohamed Nasheed and his friend David Hardingham to blow up Islamic Centre of Maldives to build a cathedral in its place.
According to DhiTV, Hardingham, who was officially barred from entering the Maldives during former President Maumoon AbdulGayoom’s government for doing Christian missionary work in the Maldives, conspired with former President Nasheed to blow up the Islamic Centre and build a cathedral there as a reward for his assistance to Nasheed.
The documents reveal that Nasheed agreed to this and also agreed to build another cathedral in Hulhumale’.
In the letter Hardingham said, “Once you get the Jamat ul-Moslemin to blow up the Islamic Centre, there will space for a cathedral. It would be a sitting monument to which would be a sitting monument to a place where your own dear father lingered as a prisoner many years ago”
DhiTV also stated that Nasheed agreed to make Maldives a multi-religious country in another leaked document.