- Message by Minister of Foreign Affairs on the occasion of the International Human Rights
- Quick steps will be taken to provide quality health care- Minister
- Gasim urges to allocate budget to train professional journalists
- Halal certificate issuing to be gazetted next week
- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
Leaked documents reveal plots to blow up Islamic Centre to build a cathedral- DhiTV
Local broadcaster, DhiTV has said that documents have been leaked of plots of former President Mohamed Nasheed and his friend David Hardingham to blow up Islamic Centre of Maldives to build a cathedral in its place.
According to DhiTV, Hardingham, who was officially barred from entering the Maldives during former President Maumoon AbdulGayoom’s government for doing Christian missionary work in the Maldives, conspired with former President Nasheed to blow up the Islamic Centre and build a cathedral there as a reward for his assistance to Nasheed.
The documents reveal that Nasheed agreed to this and also agreed to build another cathedral in Hulhumale’.
In the letter Hardingham said, “Once you get the Jamat ul-Moslemin to blow up the Islamic Centre, there will space for a cathedral. It would be a sitting monument to which would be a sitting monument to a place where your own dear father lingered as a prisoner many years ago”
DhiTV also stated that Nasheed agreed to make Maldives a multi-religious country in another leaked document.