- Japan grants aid of 200 million Yen to Maldives
- Germany grants 3 million Euro project to support for climate neutrality strategy of the Maldives
- President Yameen and First Lady accept invitation for an official visit to Japan
- Postage Stamp Museum inaugurated
- We will seek out drug dealers from which ever country they hide- Home Minister
- Govt wants to reduce taxi fares- Minister
- MDP halted issuing of reports exposing corruption- Riyaz
- Vice President calls for greater private sector engagement for effective health care delivery
- An individual suspected of being involved in large scale drug trafficking arrested
- President highlights bilateral cooperation between Maldives and Japan
- Shifag underscores importance of strengthening JP to achieve international success
- We will make our services agreeable for the people – Islamic Minister
- Kidney diseases and cancer treatments to be provided from the islands- Dr. Shakeela
Leaked documents reveal plots to blow up Islamic Centre to build a cathedral- DhiTV
Local broadcaster, DhiTV has said that documents have been leaked of plots of former President Mohamed Nasheed and his friend David Hardingham to blow up Islamic Centre of Maldives to build a cathedral in its place.
According to DhiTV, Hardingham, who was officially barred from entering the Maldives during former President Maumoon AbdulGayoom’s government for doing Christian missionary work in the Maldives, conspired with former President Nasheed to blow up the Islamic Centre and build a cathedral there as a reward for his assistance to Nasheed.
The documents reveal that Nasheed agreed to this and also agreed to build another cathedral in Hulhumale’.
In the letter Hardingham said, “Once you get the Jamat ul-Moslemin to blow up the Islamic Centre, there will space for a cathedral. It would be a sitting monument to which would be a sitting monument to a place where your own dear father lingered as a prisoner many years ago”
DhiTV also stated that Nasheed agreed to make Maldives a multi-religious country in another leaked document.