- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
International community supports initiative of the govt to solve matters patiently: President
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik has said that there country was not drawn into a political turmoil after the transfer of power on February 7 this year because of the initiative of the government to solve matters patiently. He added that the international community supports the present government for taking these initiatives to resolve the issues patiently.
Speaking to the press at the Koimala lounge of Ibrahim Nasir International Airport after arriving back from his visit to Rio de Janeiro, to attend the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development, Rio+20, President Dr. Waheed said that he got the opportunity to meet many of leaders of world countries during the trip.
“In this regard, I got the opportunity to meet leaders of the Asian countries such as the leaders of Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and India. In addition to this I met many other world leaders such as the leaders of Tanzania, Barbados, United Kingdom, Denmark,” he said.
The President said that the leaders he met asked about the situation in Maldives. He said that they were content to know that the country is now stable and peace is restored.
“If such an incident occurs in another the country, it is very likely that the country will drawn into chaos and strife. However, with Allah help, with our patience and our work to reach for a peaceful resolution has protected our nation from chaos. Many world leaders expressed their happiness that peace still prevails in the country,” he said.