- Shahid announced war with his speech to garner votes- Nihan
- SAARC Speakers of Parliament call on President Yameen
- Shangri-La’s Villingili claims highest peak in Maldives
- CP warns drug traffickers
- Re-registration receives a cold welcome- Elections
- Shameem says he wanted to stay neutral in Presidential Election
- Sri Lanka, India and Maldives take part in trilateral maritime exercise
- Shelters to be built in Hulhule’ ferry service area
- SAARC Secretary General Saleem calls on the President
- It is not permissible for Muslims to enter temples, churches and synagogues- Fiqh Academy
- Wide variety of programs for the youth to be commenced- Maleeh
- Budget problems will be solved when the authorities are made accountable for state expenses- Amir
- Ali Hameed underscores importance of increasing the state reserve
If CNI’s timeline was authored by Gayoom then MDP’s report was written by Nasheed- Mahloof
Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) Council member, Galolhu Dhekunu constituency MP Ahmed Mahloof has said that if the timeline released by the Commission of National Inquiry (CNI) was authored by the former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom then the report of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) was written by the former President Mohamed Nasheed.
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Ahmed Mahloof said that the claims of the former President Nasheed that the CNI’s timeline was in reality a report authored by the former President Gayoom is totally baseless. He said that it is very irresponsible of Nasheed to make such a blatant accusation.
PPM Parliamentary Group Leader Abdullah Yaameen said that such an irresponsible and false claim cannot emanate from a person who has ruled a country. He said that no true politician will make such a claim.
Yaameen said that it is very strange that Nasheed who himself made commissions to investigate matters during his regime is now claiming that the report of the CNI is biased because the commission was formed by the current government.