- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
If CNI’s timeline was authored by Gayoom then MDP’s report was written by Nasheed- Mahloof
Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) Council member, Galolhu Dhekunu constituency MP Ahmed Mahloof has said that if the timeline released by the Commission of National Inquiry (CNI) was authored by the former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom then the report of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) was written by the former President Mohamed Nasheed.
Speaking to Miadhu Daily, Ahmed Mahloof said that the claims of the former President Nasheed that the CNI’s timeline was in reality a report authored by the former President Gayoom is totally baseless. He said that it is very irresponsible of Nasheed to make such a blatant accusation.
PPM Parliamentary Group Leader Abdullah Yaameen said that such an irresponsible and false claim cannot emanate from a person who has ruled a country. He said that no true politician will make such a claim.
Yaameen said that it is very strange that Nasheed who himself made commissions to investigate matters during his regime is now claiming that the report of the CNI is biased because the commission was formed by the current government.