- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
HPL Hotels & Resorts takes over Soneva Gili, Maldives
(TTG Asia ): SINGAPORE-BASED HPL Hotels & Resorts will take over the management of Soneva Gili, Maldives on July 1.
Previously managed by the Soneva Group, the resort will take on a new name – Gili Lankanfushi – and undergo minor enhancements. Business will be as usual at the property, and terms and conditions of guest reservations will not change with the new management.
Stephen Lau, chairman of HPL Hotels & Resorts, said the resort would complement the group’s product portfolio and be positioned as an upmarket boutique resort.
Located on Lankanfushi Island in North Malé Atoll, the environmental-sensitive resort features 45 over-water villas with private water gardens, open-air bathrooms, rooftop terraces and over-water sundecks.
Gili Lankanfushi is HPL’s fifth property in the Maldives. Other properties within the group are Four Seasons Resort at Kuda Huraa and Landaa Giraavaru; Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma; and Rihiveli Beach Resort. It is also the 12th hotel managed by the group.