- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Govt to seek professional help to tackle crime
Minister of Home Affairs Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed has said that the government has sought professional help to tackle crime in the Maldives.
Minister Jameel said that a range of initiatives is underway across government to seek professional foreign help to tackle the increase in crime.
He said that it is important to introduce streamlined procedures and better case management for all criminal proceedings.
Furthermore, the Minister underscored the importance of swift administration of justice so that every person accused of breaking the law has the matter resolved without delay. He also said that it is important that the punishment is proportionate to the seriousness and persistence of the offence.