- Message by Minister of Foreign Affairs on the occasion of the International Human Rights
- Quick steps will be taken to provide quality health care- Minister
- Gasim urges to allocate budget to train professional journalists
- Halal certificate issuing to be gazetted next week
- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
Govt to seek professional help to tackle crime
Minister of Home Affairs Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed has said that the government has sought professional help to tackle crime in the Maldives.
Minister Jameel said that a range of initiatives is underway across government to seek professional foreign help to tackle the increase in crime.
He said that it is important to introduce streamlined procedures and better case management for all criminal proceedings.
Furthermore, the Minister underscored the importance of swift administration of justice so that every person accused of breaking the law has the matter resolved without delay. He also said that it is important that the punishment is proportionate to the seriousness and persistence of the offence.