- Message by Minister of Foreign Affairs on the occasion of the International Human Rights
- Quick steps will be taken to provide quality health care- Minister
- Gasim urges to allocate budget to train professional journalists
- Halal certificate issuing to be gazetted next week
- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
First rebellion in Nasheed’s presidency is the rebellion against us- JP
Jumhooree Party has stated that “the first rebellion during former President Mohamed Nasheed’s presidency is the rebellion against the Jumhooree Party.”
Jumhooree Party leader Gasim Ibrahim said that Nasheed increased his votes in the second round from 25 percent to 54 percent with the hard work of the Jumhooree Party and other opposition parties then who made a coalition. However Nasheed started work to break off Jumhooree Party from the coalition. Gasim noted that his party had to break away from the coalition in a period of less than 20 days since the inception of the coalition government of Nasheed.
Gasim said that it is unacceptable and very irresponsible of the former President Nasheed to accuse others of rebellion against him when he was involved in many rebellions.
Gasim said that he has not participated in any rebellion or coup ever in his life. He added that Nasheed and his family have a history of being participants of rebellions and coups.
He said that they are accusing others of their own iniquities and no one will accept such slanders against others.