- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
Coast Guard requests travelers to take necessary precautionary measures
The Maldives is currently facing severe weather with heavy rain, thunder and rough sea conditions. Therefore, the MNDF Coast Guard has requested all travelers to take necessary precautionary measures before setting out for their journey.
Coast Guard also suggested cargo suppliers not to overload their vessels and for all vessels to keep life jackets available for all passengers on-board.
Moreover, Coast Guard requested all sea transport vessels to keep available a water pump, check communication radio sets and to adhere with all the maritime safety regulations when making a journey.