- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Coast Guard has assisted in freeing a grounded vessel near Baarah harbor
MNDF Northern Area Coast Guard Squadron has freed a vessel which ran aground, while trying to enter Baarah harbor around 2045 hrs yesterday.
After receiving a call at the MNDF Uligamu Post at about 2150 hrs, the Coast Guard harbor petrol launch stationed at Kulhuduffushi Island was dispatched immediately. After reaching the distressed vessel, Coast Guard harbor petrol has been working to free it till this morning. Some of the island residents also assisted in this operation, the vessel was freed at about 0615 hrs today.
According to the information received, the vessel which ran aground was being operated by AAA Company Pvt. Ltd. MNDF Northern Area informs that there were three people onboard the vessel when it ran aground and that none of them sustained any injuries. The vessel was not carrying any cargo, and the vessel received some damage during this incident.