- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Coast Guard has assisted in freeing a grounded vessel near Baarah harbor
MNDF Northern Area Coast Guard Squadron has freed a vessel which ran aground, while trying to enter Baarah harbor around 2045 hrs yesterday.
After receiving a call at the MNDF Uligamu Post at about 2150 hrs, the Coast Guard harbor petrol launch stationed at Kulhuduffushi Island was dispatched immediately. After reaching the distressed vessel, Coast Guard harbor petrol has been working to free it till this morning. Some of the island residents also assisted in this operation, the vessel was freed at about 0615 hrs today.
According to the information received, the vessel which ran aground was being operated by AAA Company Pvt. Ltd. MNDF Northern Area informs that there were three people onboard the vessel when it ran aground and that none of them sustained any injuries. The vessel was not carrying any cargo, and the vessel received some damage during this incident.