- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
Coast Guard evacuates two men who suffered severe burns from fire incident
MNDF Coast Guard has evacuated two men who suffered severe burns after a fire incident on-board the “Ujaalaa” vessel.
The fire broke out due to a gas bottle blast and two men have suffered severe burns while one received minor burns. It is stated that those two who suffered severe burns were a Maldivian and a Bangladeshi and they were evacuated to Male’ at around 1850hrs. They were immediately taken to the IGM Hospital with the assistance of the MNDF Medical Service. It is stated that there were 9 people onboard at the time of the incident including the one who suffered minor burns and the remaining are in good condition.
The fire was controlled and extinguished by MNDF firefighters within a short period and the boat is now anchored at the site where the incident occurred.