- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
Coast Guard evacuates two men who suffered severe burns from fire incident
MNDF Coast Guard has evacuated two men who suffered severe burns after a fire incident on-board the “Ujaalaa” vessel.
The fire broke out due to a gas bottle blast and two men have suffered severe burns while one received minor burns. It is stated that those two who suffered severe burns were a Maldivian and a Bangladeshi and they were evacuated to Male’ at around 1850hrs. They were immediately taken to the IGM Hospital with the assistance of the MNDF Medical Service. It is stated that there were 9 people onboard at the time of the incident including the one who suffered minor burns and the remaining are in good condition.
The fire was controlled and extinguished by MNDF firefighters within a short period and the boat is now anchored at the site where the incident occurred.