- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Ceremony held to handover solid waste management equipment to 25 Islands
A ceremony was held on Saturday, 26th May 2012 at the Ministry of Environment and Energy to handover solid waste management equipment to 25 islands of Maldives under the Regional Development Project, Phase 2 funded by Asian Development Bank (ADB).
The selected islands equipments are given away by the Minister of Environment and Energy Dr.Mariyam Shakeela , Equipments include 240l Wheelie Bins, 660l Commercial Bins and Batch Composters.
N.Holhudhoo, N.Velidhoo, N.Kendhikulhudhoo, R.Maduhvari, R.Dhuvaafaru, R.Alifushi, Lh.Naifaru, K.Gulhi, K.Gaafaru, K.Guraidhoo, K. Dhihfushi, AA.Bodufulhadhoo, AA.Ukulhas, Adh.Mahibadhoo, M.Maduhvari, M Dhihgaru, M.Nalafushi, M.Muli, M.Veyvah, F.Nilandhoo, Dh.Meedhoo, Dh.Kudahuvadhoo, Th.Vilufushi, L.Fonadhoo, and L.Gan are among the islands which received solid waste management equipments.