- Message by Minister of Foreign Affairs on the occasion of the International Human Rights
- Quick steps will be taken to provide quality health care- Minister
- Gasim urges to allocate budget to train professional journalists
- Halal certificate issuing to be gazetted next week
- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
Bobby’s family and friends take to streets in protest against gang violence
Family and friends of the gang stabbing victim, G.Veyru 21 year old AbdulMuheeth (Bobby) took to the streets protesting against the wave of gang violence and stabbings in the capital Male’ City.
The protest ‘Justice for Bobby’ was commenced by a 10 minutes of silence held yesterday afternoon at Ameenee Magu in front of the Finance Ministry, where he was stabbed to death.
According to Bobby’s family, the ten minutes of silence held in front of the place where the 21 year old was killed was the beginning of their work against gang violence.
“Innocent Bobby 21, was brutally attacked n killed on 19th morning, sunday! People often assume the victim of a gang involved violence is somehow associated to a gang. But today it is crystal clear that it is not always true, and that innocent lives are lost due to gang violence. Help us find justice for our innocent Bobby! protect our Nation. If you care Join us and Raise your Voice,” it was stated on the‘Justice for Bobby’ Facebook page created by the family of the stabbing victim.