- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Aslam and Ameen Faisal’s report sent to PG
The 99-page report entitled, “Rebellion by Police and the Armed Forces” authored by opposition MDP’s two prominent figures, first Minister of Defence of Nasheed’s cabinet and later the National Security Advisor for Nasheed, Ameen Faisal and former Minister of Housing Mohamed Aslam has been submitted to the Prosecutor General (PG) and the Commission of National Inquiry (CNI).
According to Aslam, the report was sent to the PG because those officers who were involved in the coup from the Police and military are still employed and no legal action have been taken against them.
Aslam said that the report was sent to the PG in case the PG was not aware of this.
He said that a copy of the report was sent to the inquiry commission to assist them in their investigation and to correct the facts they got wrong as per the Timeline published by the commission regarding the events of February 7.
Meanwhile, Press Secretary Abbas Adil Riza earlier said that the report authored by Mohamed Aslam and Ameen Faisal and released by former President Mohamed Nasheed is act of terrorism.
Abbas said that it is very irresponsible to publish such a report when the government has formed a committee to investigate the events of February 7. He said that it is not upon groups and individuals to release baseless reports causing hatred and dissent against the law enforcement agencies.
Abbas said that he urges the respected authorities to investigate the release of this report by the former President and his two former cabinet ministers, Aslam and Ameen Faisal.
There reports that the officers of the law enforcement agencies named in the report and their families are facing different kinds of threats because of it.
According to the report a coup was planned and how the law enforcement officers and the armed forces participated in it.