- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
Ambassador-Designate of Turkey paid a courtesy call on Foreign Minister
The new Ambassador- Designate of Turkey to the Republic of Maldives, Burak Akcapar paid a courtesy call on Dr. Abdul Samad Abdulla, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Maldives.
During the call which was held at the Foreign Ministry yesterday, discussions were held on ways to further strengthen the close relations between the Maldives and Turkey.
The Minister also outlined the current political situation of the Maldives to Ambassador- Designate of Turkey. The Ambassador- Designate of Turkeylauded the Government’s efforts and expressed hope that the Maldives would continue to achieve further progress.
After presenting the Letter of Credence to the President Dr. Mohamed Waheed, new Ambassador of Turkey to the Republic of Maldives, Burak Akcapar also held separate meetings with the State Ministers of Foreign Affairs Hassan Saeed Hussain and Dunya Maumoon.