- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
Ambassador-Designate of Turkey paid a courtesy call on Foreign Minister
The new Ambassador- Designate of Turkey to the Republic of Maldives, Burak Akcapar paid a courtesy call on Dr. Abdul Samad Abdulla, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Maldives.
During the call which was held at the Foreign Ministry yesterday, discussions were held on ways to further strengthen the close relations between the Maldives and Turkey.
The Minister also outlined the current political situation of the Maldives to Ambassador- Designate of Turkey. The Ambassador- Designate of Turkeylauded the Government’s efforts and expressed hope that the Maldives would continue to achieve further progress.
After presenting the Letter of Credence to the President Dr. Mohamed Waheed, new Ambassador of Turkey to the Republic of Maldives, Burak Akcapar also held separate meetings with the State Ministers of Foreign Affairs Hassan Saeed Hussain and Dunya Maumoon.