- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
Taking back the name proposed suggests lack of willingness to cooperate with CNI-Abbas
Abbas Adhil Riza, the Press Secretary of the President has said that the decision of the opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) to take back the name of their candidate for the Commission of National Inquiry (CNI) when the CMAG and government accepted their candidate suggests MDP’s lack of seriousness and willingness to cooperate with the works of the commission.
“The government agreed to propose the name to the foreign ministry during the discussions with the Commonwealth’s special envoy. So when the name of the candidate, Mariyam Manal Shihab, the daughter of former Finance Minister Mohamed Shihab was proposed to the Foreign Ministry, the government accepted the name and proposed the nominee to the Commonwealth. We revealed the name to the media after the Commonwealth accepted the name,” he said.
Abbas said that Nasheed lied when he said that the name of Manal Shihab was not proposed by him.
Abbas said that this shows that Nasheed does not want to cooperate with the inquiry commission because he understands that his different contradictions and lies will be exposed when the commission concludes the investigation of the events that lead to the transfer of power on February 7.
“Tomorrow is the last day. If he does not propose a name tomorrow, the commission will continue its work without a candidate from Nasheed,” he said.