- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Price of Maldivian Ruffiya is rising- President
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik has said that the price of the Maldivian Ruffiya has started to rise.
The President said this at the press conference held, to mark the first 100 days since his assumption of office as the President of Maldives.
In his press statement, President Waheed said that in the last 100 days, he had put in his maximum efforts in serving the people most dedicatedly.
The President noted that the state of the country was not at an optimum, at the time of his assumption of office. Continuing on, the President said that the whole country had been politically divided and disharmonised, and that the economy was at an extremely low point.
Noting that the biggest challenge the country faced today was that of the economic state, President Waheed said that a lot was required to stabilize the fiscal state of the country, and that a good number of measures had already been taken.
The President also said that the country was facing a time of weakened social and moral values as well.