- Vice President calls for greater private sector engagement for effective health care delivery
- An individual suspected of being involved in large scale drug trafficking arrested
- President highlights bilateral cooperation between Maldives and Japan
- Shifag underscores importance of strengthening JP to achieve international success
- We will make our services agreeable for the people – Islamic Minister
- Kidney diseases and cancer treatments to be provided from the islands- Dr. Shakeela
- Child Support Trust Account to be established
- OPD duty at IGMH for all specialties to be harmonized
- Government Proposes Amendments to Three Revenue Bills
- Defence Minister returns to Male’ after concluding official visit to India
- Former President Waheed returns home to a warm welcome
- Trilateral security group of India, Maldives and Sri Lanka to be expanded
- No nepotism in JP- Imad
President Waheed urges MNDF personnel to stay Loyal and Steadfast to their Oath
The Commander in Chief, President Dr Mohamed Waheed has urged all MNDF personnel to stand by their oath, loyally and unwaveringly.
He made this appeal while speaking at the oath taking ceremony of the graduates of the 57th basic training course, conducted by the Defence Institute for Training of MNDF.
Speaking at the ceremony, President said that MNDF oath is a valuable one that is very much embedded and significant to our religion and independency.
He stressed that the oath takers swear by god and hence it obligates all MNDF personnel to sacrifice their lives for the sake of the religion and nation if it faces such a situation.
Speaking further, he said that the soldiers of our nation have taken part in battles and made numerous sacrifices in protecting the nation, its constitution and the independency. Pointing to the long standing unity of the Maldivian soldiers, he said that the patriotism of Maldivian soldiers is exceptional and have made incomparable sacrifices to the nation in the past. He also urged to all soldiers of the nation to be steadfast in upholding the oath and to use every training inculcated within them in such a way that they can overcome all the undesirable actions and challenges against the forces.
The President noted that MNDF soldiers are trained to be always prepared in place to serve the nation via land, sea and air. He further stressed that MNDF soldiers have been undertaking unbelievable sacrifices throughout their career and he said that this is because of the support given by their families.