- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
President briefs the cabinet on his recent visit to India
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has yesterday briefed the cabinet on his recent visit to India, from 11 to 15 May.
At the cabinet meeting held yesterday, the President said that he decided for his first visit to be to India, since assumption of office, because of the close friendship both the countries have always shared.
The President briefed the cabinet on the discussions held with his meetings with the President, Prime Minister, Minister of External Affairs, and the Foreign Secretary, during his visit to India. The President said that he ensured that the Indian leaders were clear on the current political and economical state of the Maldives. He also said that he had given assurance to the Indian leaders, that the Maldives was functioning in a very transparent environment, as required from a democratic country.
President Waheed further shared details of his meetings with the top business leaders in Delhi and Mumbai. The President said that he had had very productive discussions with a number of travel agents, in promoting Maldives’ tourism in India.
The President also shared with the cabinet, the details of the financial assistance assured by India, in overcoming the economical challenges of the country.