- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
President briefs the cabinet on his recent visit to India
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has yesterday briefed the cabinet on his recent visit to India, from 11 to 15 May.
At the cabinet meeting held yesterday, the President said that he decided for his first visit to be to India, since assumption of office, because of the close friendship both the countries have always shared.
The President briefed the cabinet on the discussions held with his meetings with the President, Prime Minister, Minister of External Affairs, and the Foreign Secretary, during his visit to India. The President said that he ensured that the Indian leaders were clear on the current political and economical state of the Maldives. He also said that he had given assurance to the Indian leaders, that the Maldives was functioning in a very transparent environment, as required from a democratic country.
President Waheed further shared details of his meetings with the top business leaders in Delhi and Mumbai. The President said that he had had very productive discussions with a number of travel agents, in promoting Maldives’ tourism in India.
The President also shared with the cabinet, the details of the financial assistance assured by India, in overcoming the economical challenges of the country.