- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Police leaves Usfasgandu after concluding their search
-Activists attack Police and VTV crew at Usfasgandu
Police have left the Usfasgandu area at 2:00 in the afternoon yesterday after concluding their search.
After concluding their search the Police stated that they have concluded the search their initiated on Monday, under a court warrant, to collect evidences of criminal offences committed at the Usfasgandu by the activists of the Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP).
While the Police were dismantling the area, the operation was ceased after the Civil Court released a temporary order.
After the Police left the area yesterday afternoon a group of Police officers were attacked and looted near the Usfasgandu area.
In addition to this a news team of VTV was also attacked by the activists representing the opposition MDP. The activists called out that VTV crew will not be allowed to enter the premises of the Usfasgandu.