- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
Necessary actions will be taken against councils who are reject the govt- Home Minister
Minister of Home Affairs Dr. Mohamed Jameel has said that necessary actions will be taken against the councils that refuse to accept the current government and now the ministry is preparing for the third phase of it.
The Minister said that the Male’ City council and Addu City council have been pressuring the government ever since the transfer of power on 7 February. And they have been opposition the constitution several times.
Dr. Jameel who is also the President of the Local Government Authority (LGA) said that both the councils have been misusing some of the land of both cities in opposition to the constitution. He noted that the local government authority has advised them a number of times regarding this matter.
“Vacant lands in Addu City and Male’ City are being granted for one particular particular political party against the constitution and law. The Local Government Authority will not accept such actions,” he said.
Dr. Jameel said that the next step in taking action against these councils will be taking the matter to the courts of law.