- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
Nasheed Expresses Disappointment Over CNI Nominee Leak
Former President Nasheed yesterday expressed disappointment and concerns over leak of the nominee from him to the Commission of National Inquiry established to look into the events that led to his resignation on February 7 .
All the names proposed by Nasheed were rejected by the administration while setting criteria for the nominees. The tenth nominee was rejected by the administration while President Nasheed is attending the Executive Meeting of International Democrat Union (IDU) in New Zealand.
‘The understanding between the Commonwealth’s special envoy and President Nasheed was that the names proposed by him would not be revealed without discussing with him. However, today, the administration had publicly announced one of the nominees without consulting President Nasheed and this is unacceptable’ said Hamid Abdul Ghafoor, MDP spokesperson for international affairs.
“President has expressed disappointment and concern over the leak to the Commonwealth and we certainly hope such unprofessionalism would not continue in this process’ Ghafoor added.