- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Nasheed Expresses Disappointment Over CNI Nominee Leak
Former President Nasheed yesterday expressed disappointment and concerns over leak of the nominee from him to the Commission of National Inquiry established to look into the events that led to his resignation on February 7 .
All the names proposed by Nasheed were rejected by the administration while setting criteria for the nominees. The tenth nominee was rejected by the administration while President Nasheed is attending the Executive Meeting of International Democrat Union (IDU) in New Zealand.
‘The understanding between the Commonwealth’s special envoy and President Nasheed was that the names proposed by him would not be revealed without discussing with him. However, today, the administration had publicly announced one of the nominees without consulting President Nasheed and this is unacceptable’ said Hamid Abdul Ghafoor, MDP spokesperson for international affairs.
“President has expressed disappointment and concern over the leak to the Commonwealth and we certainly hope such unprofessionalism would not continue in this process’ Ghafoor added.