- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
- Umar says he didn’t goto appeal committee because it’s under Yameen’s authority
- Nasheed won’t even succeed for the second round of elections- Gasim
- Recent assualts are gang related- CP
- Nasheed Launches MDP Policy on Agriculture
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- Police assist with flood relief in Ga.Villingilli
- 2 men arrested with suspicious narcotics
MDP national council sacks party secretary general
The Maldivian Democratic Party’s (MDP) National Council has sacked the party’s Secretary General, Hassan Shah of S.MaradhooFeydhoo Bageechaage.
At a meeting held yesterday at the head office of the MDP, all of the 22 members present at the meeting unanimously agreed to remove him from the post.
Apart from removing the Shah from the post of the Secretary General of the party, former Education Minister Shifa Mohamed was appointed for the 7 member committee established to investigate the alleged coup. Shifa was appointed to the committee after removing former Defence Minister Talhat Ibrahim from the committee’s membership.
The 7 member committee was established to investigate the events of the alleged coup and to give counsel to the former President Mohamed Nasheed and the leadership of MDP.
Other members of the committee include former Housing Minister Aslam, former Home Minister Afeef, former Foreign Minister Ahmed Naseem, former Finance Minister Mohamed Shihab, President Nasheed’s infrastructure advisor Adam Manik (Sarangu) and MDP Parliamentary Group’s Vice President, Thoddoo constituency MP Ali Waheed.