- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Male’ can be Male’ only by closing down all brothels: Islamic Minister
Minister of Islamic Affairs, Sheikh Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed has said that Male’ can be Male’ by only closing down all brothels. He assured the current government with the help of the Police will close down all brothels operating in Male’ City.
In an interview to DhiTV, Minister Shaheem said that the government has so far been very successful in this operation and has closed down many brothels operating in the guise of spas and saloons.
The Minister expressed gratitude for the cooperation given by the Maldives Police Service and commended their work in this operation.
Meanwhile, it is reported that Adam Manik (Sarangu) speaking at MDP Activity Centre on 31 May 2010, said that “there are brothels in Male’ and Male’ becomes a Male’ with the presence of those brothels”.