- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
Male’ can be Male’ only by closing down all brothels: Islamic Minister
Minister of Islamic Affairs, Sheikh Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed has said that Male’ can be Male’ by only closing down all brothels. He assured the current government with the help of the Police will close down all brothels operating in Male’ City.
In an interview to DhiTV, Minister Shaheem said that the government has so far been very successful in this operation and has closed down many brothels operating in the guise of spas and saloons.
The Minister expressed gratitude for the cooperation given by the Maldives Police Service and commended their work in this operation.
Meanwhile, it is reported that Adam Manik (Sarangu) speaking at MDP Activity Centre on 31 May 2010, said that “there are brothels in Male’ and Male’ becomes a Male’ with the presence of those brothels”.