- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
- Mandela an example of democracy- Gasim
- With Yameen’s visit, ties with Maldives set to shine again
- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
Maldives Condemns Massacre in the Syrian town of Houla
Government of Maldives condemns in the strongest terms last week’s massacre in the Syrian town of Houla.
United Nations said that more than 90 people were brutally killed, which included 32 children. This act of cruelty is totally against all International and Humanitarian Laws and the Government of Maldives believe those who perpetrated this act of violence must be identified and brought to justice.
The United Nations, Arab League and many other countries have condemned this massacre.