- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
It’s hoped that performing arts sector of Maldives would develop in the future with the contribution of MNDF: Chief of Defense Force
Chief of Defense Force Major General Ahmed Shiyam has said that it is a hope that the performing arts sector will expand in Maldives with the extensive participation and contribution of MNDF personnel in future.
Speaking at the ceremony held at Kalhuthukkalaa Koshi to commend the participants of the “Sifa Ufaa” show, he praised the awe inspiring performance displayed by the show’s participants. He stressed that even though the participants have appeared at the stage after a three year of break, they have shown their interest and spirit in making the show a success. He also highlighted that unity of this nature is always necessary in order to enhance our cohesiveness, nationalism, tradition, military pride and the relationship within our families. He further said that for this reason, it is his desire to promote such activities which will drive the spirit and comradeship of our force.
Pointing to the stage at Kalhuthukkalaa Koshi, he said that he desired to improve this stage so that it will become a most favorable stage for such an outdoor entertainment show.
Certificates were given away by the Chief of Defense Force at this ceremony to commend the assistance provided by various personnel. A video footage was displayed at this ceremony and the ceremony concluded with a special dinner. The participants of the Sifa Ufaa show and their family members also took part in this ceremony.