- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
It’s hoped that performing arts sector of Maldives would develop in the future with the contribution of MNDF: Chief of Defense Force
Chief of Defense Force Major General Ahmed Shiyam has said that it is a hope that the performing arts sector will expand in Maldives with the extensive participation and contribution of MNDF personnel in future.
Speaking at the ceremony held at Kalhuthukkalaa Koshi to commend the participants of the “Sifa Ufaa” show, he praised the awe inspiring performance displayed by the show’s participants. He stressed that even though the participants have appeared at the stage after a three year of break, they have shown their interest and spirit in making the show a success. He also highlighted that unity of this nature is always necessary in order to enhance our cohesiveness, nationalism, tradition, military pride and the relationship within our families. He further said that for this reason, it is his desire to promote such activities which will drive the spirit and comradeship of our force.
Pointing to the stage at Kalhuthukkalaa Koshi, he said that he desired to improve this stage so that it will become a most favorable stage for such an outdoor entertainment show.
Certificates were given away by the Chief of Defense Force at this ceremony to commend the assistance provided by various personnel. A video footage was displayed at this ceremony and the ceremony concluded with a special dinner. The participants of the Sifa Ufaa show and their family members also took part in this ceremony.