- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
Islamic Ministry’s budget was downsized by the former govt- Shaheem
Minister of Islamic Affairs Sheikh Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed has said that the former President Mohamed Nasheed’s government downsized the budget of the Ministry of Islamic Affars by deducting 1/3rd of the original budget earlier allocated for the Ministry.
Sheikh Shaheem made this remark at the meeting held yesterday with the Vice President Mohamed Waheed Deen at the Ministry.
Minister Shaheem said that earlier the Highest Authority of the Islamic Affairs were granted budgets of 150 million Maldivian Ruffiya but however after Nasheed’s regime he created a separate Ministry and downsized the budget by about 50 million Maldivian Ruffiya.
He said that the Ministry of Islamic Affairs was apparently regarded as the least important ministry of the former administration.
He expressed concern over the former regime’s handling over the control of the mosques to the Councils. He said that Ministry will try every means possible to regain control of the mosques by the Ministry.