- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
Govt was not influenced to make changes to the inquiry commission
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik has said that the government was under no influence by any party or authority, local or foreign, when the government decided to make changed to the inquiry commission which has been mandated to look into the events that lead to the transfer of power on 7 February and the events of 8 February.
The President said that he established the commission to look in the events that lead to the transfer of power by choosing the three best candidates who are capable to carry out the investigation.
However, since the aim of the mandate of the commission is to find a peaceful solution to the current political problems in the country, and the parties have reached to an agreement now, the President said that the government decided to make some changes.
President Dr.Waheed said that democracy is established in the Maldives and there are many works to be done to strengthen the democracy.
“Therefore, we will not step back from this. As is known, the current government is doing whatever we can to uphold democratic values in the country. We are communicating with the Peoples’ Majlis with due respect. We have not tried to cause any undue influence or pressurize any member of the Majlis. Although there are some obstructions, I am carrying out my responsibilities patiently. Thereby, now the Majlis sessions have been commenced. It is a success for our democracy,” he said.