- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
Govt signs a contract for the construction of harbor in H.Dh.Makunudhoo
Ministry of Housing and Infrastructure yesterday has signed a contract with Maldives Transport and Contracting Company (MTCC) for the construction of harbor in H.Dh. Makunudhoo Island.
The project consultant is Central Engineering Consultancy Bureau of Sri Lanka. The project funded by European Investment Bank would cost USD 3,397,176.36 and has to be completed within 300 days.
On behalf of the Ministry, Minister of Housing and Infrastructure Dr. Mohamed Muizzu signed the contract agreement while CEO, Dr.Ahmed Adham Abdulla signed the agreement on behalf of MTCC.
Under this project a harbor of size 240 meters by 100 meters, a quay wall length of 326 meters, breakwater length of 335 meters and 1.5 kilometer entrance channel is to be constructed in the Island.