- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
Coast Guard starts assisting a grounded vessel
MNDF Central Area Coast Guard squadron has started assisting “Faimini” vessel that ran aground yesterday night. Upon receiving the news at around 01:23hrs, Central Area Coast Guard divers attended the scene and started rendering assistance to free the vessel.
It is reported that the vessel ran aground on a coral reef south of Th.Hirilandhoo and the owner of the vessel is trying to send a tug boat to free the vessel while Coast Guard is assisting the grounded vessel.
There were 10 people onboard at the time of the incident and all of them are in good condition. It is reported that except for the vessel’s captain, others were evacuated to Th.Hirilandhoo by a Maldives Police Service launch.
The effort of Coast Guard to free the grounded vessel would continue today as well.