- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
Coast Guard commences search operation for a missing barge
MNDF Coast Guard has commenced a search operation for a barge that was reported missing last night. The 60 feet long barge was reported lost during its journey while being tugged by a vessel.
The owner of the barge boat, Ahmed Ageel of S.Hulhudhoo, stated that the barge was identified missing by the towing vessel “Seenukuri” and after encountering stormy weather and rough sea conditions. There were no personnel or properties reported onboard the barge at the time of the incident.
Upon receiving the call, MNDF Coast Guard has launched its search operation and estimated that the barge could be lost around 27miles southeast of L.Gaadhoo. MNDF Central Area headquarters is communicating with passerby vessels in the suspected area via radio set but have found no sign of the barge so far.
Coast Guard requests all the passerby vessels in that area to be aware of the situation.