- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Coast Guard commences search operation for a missing barge
MNDF Coast Guard has commenced a search operation for a barge that was reported missing last night. The 60 feet long barge was reported lost during its journey while being tugged by a vessel.
The owner of the barge boat, Ahmed Ageel of S.Hulhudhoo, stated that the barge was identified missing by the towing vessel “Seenukuri” and after encountering stormy weather and rough sea conditions. There were no personnel or properties reported onboard the barge at the time of the incident.
Upon receiving the call, MNDF Coast Guard has launched its search operation and estimated that the barge could be lost around 27miles southeast of L.Gaadhoo. MNDF Central Area headquarters is communicating with passerby vessels in the suspected area via radio set but have found no sign of the barge so far.
Coast Guard requests all the passerby vessels in that area to be aware of the situation.