- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
CMAG stabbed us in the back by listing Maldives: President
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has said that the Commonwealth Ministerial Action Group (CMAG) stabbed Maldives in the back by listing the country.
The President made this remark at the press conference held at the President’s Office to mark the first 100 days since his assumption of office as the President of Maldives. He said that the government does not accept that the Commonwealth has to list Maldives. He added that this has been informed to the Commonwealth.
President Dr. Waheed said that the CMAG listed Maldives under the influence of some people who have close ties to some top people of its some member countries.
The President said that the government decided to readjust the National Inquiry Commission not because the government accepts the conclusions of the CMAG.
“There is nothing that we have to hide. In fact we have nothing to hide. I decided to bring some adjustments to the commission to give opportunity for former President Nasheed because it was noted that he had no role in the commission. It is because we want to reach to a peaceful solution even by coming to terms with those whon are spreading corruption in this country,” he said.
The President said that some people are trying to bring the country under the influence of foreigners. He said that no sane person who loves the nation will ever try to threaten the sovereignty of the state by calling foreign parties to interfere with our internal affairs.