- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
CMAG stabbed us in the back by listing Maldives: President
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has said that the Commonwealth Ministerial Action Group (CMAG) stabbed Maldives in the back by listing the country.
The President made this remark at the press conference held at the President’s Office to mark the first 100 days since his assumption of office as the President of Maldives. He said that the government does not accept that the Commonwealth has to list Maldives. He added that this has been informed to the Commonwealth.
President Dr. Waheed said that the CMAG listed Maldives under the influence of some people who have close ties to some top people of its some member countries.
The President said that the government decided to readjust the National Inquiry Commission not because the government accepts the conclusions of the CMAG.
“There is nothing that we have to hide. In fact we have nothing to hide. I decided to bring some adjustments to the commission to give opportunity for former President Nasheed because it was noted that he had no role in the commission. It is because we want to reach to a peaceful solution even by coming to terms with those whon are spreading corruption in this country,” he said.
The President said that some people are trying to bring the country under the influence of foreigners. He said that no sane person who loves the nation will ever try to threaten the sovereignty of the state by calling foreign parties to interfere with our internal affairs.