- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Being lax with criminals is an encouragement for them- Sheikh Imran
President of the Adhaalath Party, Sheikh Imran Abdullah has said that being lax with those who violate the constitution is an act of encouragement for them to commit these crimes.
Sheikh Imran said that those who commit crimes should be brought to justice regardless of whether they commit these crimes in the guise of political activities. He said that just because a crime is committed by the political party should be an excuse to disregard these matters.
“After committing major criminal offences they claim that this is politics. They violate the tenets of Islam and violate the constitution and at the same time they claim that it is just mere politics. No one can interfere with their political activities. So should they be left alone? No, never. Leaving them to commit these crimes is nothing but an encouragement,” he said.
Sheikh Imran stressed that the political parties should carry out political activities in the name of politics and not crimes.
Adhaalath Party president also underscored the importance of clarifying the definition of political activities in the constitution.