- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
Being lax with criminals is an encouragement for them- Sheikh Imran
President of the Adhaalath Party, Sheikh Imran Abdullah has said that being lax with those who violate the constitution is an act of encouragement for them to commit these crimes.
Sheikh Imran said that those who commit crimes should be brought to justice regardless of whether they commit these crimes in the guise of political activities. He said that just because a crime is committed by the political party should be an excuse to disregard these matters.
“After committing major criminal offences they claim that this is politics. They violate the tenets of Islam and violate the constitution and at the same time they claim that it is just mere politics. No one can interfere with their political activities. So should they be left alone? No, never. Leaving them to commit these crimes is nothing but an encouragement,” he said.
Sheikh Imran stressed that the political parties should carry out political activities in the name of politics and not crimes.
Adhaalath Party president also underscored the importance of clarifying the definition of political activities in the constitution.