- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
Alhan should know that he will be isolated when he started causing mischief within MDP: Sameer
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP)’s Parliamentary Group member Dhidhoo constituency MP Ahmed Sameer has said that the ousted Vice President of MDP Alhan Fahmy should know better that he will be isolated and sacked from his post when he started causing mischief in the party.
Speaking at the protest held Friday night at MMA, Dhidhhoo MP Sameer said that even when Alhan Fahmy joined MDP he knew that he would be removed from the party if betrays the rules of the party.
“I would like to tell Alhan Fahmy that I tried to raise him up. Alham should know that when he joined the party he would be shown the most inner corners of the party and he would be isolated when he starts to cause mischief,” he said.
Sameer said that Alhan defied the MDP Parliamentary regulations by tabling a motion in the Peoples’ Majlis to investigate the transfer of power.
Sameer said that MDP National Council decided to not accept the current government and to accept President Nasheed as the MDP Supremo with the fall of Nasheed’s government on February 7. He stressed that all leaders are compelled to accept the decisions of the council and that this includes the President and Vice President of the party without any exceptions. However, he said that it was witnessed from Alhan that he began to challenge the decisions of the national council.
Furthermore, Sameer said that if the ousted President and Vice President cannot annul the decisions of the national council then it will cut them down to size. He said that if they decide to leave the party then it will not grant them any good except harm.