- Maldivian nation is calling for Gasim Ibrahim- AK
- President telephones Mohamed Falah who was rescued at sea
- Bangladeshi Planning Commission officials meet with Minister Shakeela
- President Sends a Message of Sympathy to the US President
- “Strengthening Low Carbon Energy Island Strategies” project discussion held
- Vote in the upcoming election is a vote that is related to slavery and freedom- Abdullah
- Maldivian adrift at sea rescued
- Turkish delegate addresses members of the Police in special forum
- Prime suspect in Afraasheem’s murder arrested
- People of Milandhoo protests against Nasheed at his arrival
- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
Alhan should know that he will be isolated when he started causing mischief within MDP: Sameer
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP)’s Parliamentary Group member Dhidhoo constituency MP Ahmed Sameer has said that the ousted Vice President of MDP Alhan Fahmy should know better that he will be isolated and sacked from his post when he started causing mischief in the party.
Speaking at the protest held Friday night at MMA, Dhidhhoo MP Sameer said that even when Alhan Fahmy joined MDP he knew that he would be removed from the party if betrays the rules of the party.
“I would like to tell Alhan Fahmy that I tried to raise him up. Alham should know that when he joined the party he would be shown the most inner corners of the party and he would be isolated when he starts to cause mischief,” he said.
Sameer said that Alhan defied the MDP Parliamentary regulations by tabling a motion in the Peoples’ Majlis to investigate the transfer of power.
Sameer said that MDP National Council decided to not accept the current government and to accept President Nasheed as the MDP Supremo with the fall of Nasheed’s government on February 7. He stressed that all leaders are compelled to accept the decisions of the council and that this includes the President and Vice President of the party without any exceptions. However, he said that it was witnessed from Alhan that he began to challenge the decisions of the national council.
Furthermore, Sameer said that if the ousted President and Vice President cannot annul the decisions of the national council then it will cut them down to size. He said that if they decide to leave the party then it will not grant them any good except harm.